After a career as a Marine Engineering Mechanic in the Royal Navy Alan began concentrating on his love of strongman training. Alan has won & competed in the following competitions:
- Aberdeen Strongest Man
- Blair Athol Strongest Man
- Finalist UK Strongest Man
- 1999 over 40s BPO Power lifting Champion
- 2007 over 40s Bawla power lifting champion
- 2009 Nabba Masters Northeast Champion
- 2017 GPC Masters British Champion and Full Power Record Holder
In recent years Alan's interest in strength training and power lifting has continued. However. he has also pursued his personal ambition of competing in bodybuilding competitions. Alan has seen great success in the following competitions:
- Mr Britain Finalist
- Mr Universe Finalist
- 2010 UKBFF Masters Northeast Champion
- 2013 UKBFF Muscletalk Masters Champion
The above titles are a testament to Alan's love and knowledge of each sport. His winning expertise is as part of the gym as the weights rack! Alan is the go to guy for advice to many men & women who train in the gym, whether they want to compete or just reach their personal goals.
Big Al's wife Susan has been a part of his training from the onset of his career, working alongside him in all aspects of contest preparation/training and the study of nutrition.
Alan or Susan are available to be booked for personal training, diet, nutrition or pre contest preparation advice on a one to one basis.